If you’re looking for a new manufactured home for sale, the options can be a bit overwhelming. Many companies offer manufactured homes for sale, and some of them may seem fairly similar. It’s important, therefore, to do your homework and find a manufacturer that’s not only a good fit for you, but also a one that can meet all your needs and help you find the perfect new manufactured home for sale.
- First, make sure you’re in a good position to buy. Manufactured home makers can help you secure financing, but you should get a copy of your credit report before you start the process, in order to find and correct any errors that may prove problematic.
- Know your budget and requirements before you begin. These days, you can get a manufactured home in any number of sizes, floor plans, and design options. Knowing how much you can afford, and which elements of construction and design are most important to you can help you when the time comes to make decisions. Manufactured homes are an economical option, but it is still important to have a budget and stick to it; if you’re able to build on your own lot, you will greatly cut your costs.
- Shop around to find the right retailer. Manufactured home companies are plentiful, so make sure you find one with a solid reputation and the experience to deliver the quality you expect and deserve. Narrow your list of possible companies by checking with the Better Business Bureau, and by reading reviews online. Once you pare the list to finalists, ask for customer names and numbers, so that you can contact existing homeowners to gauge their satisfaction with the companies you’re considering.
- Ask plenty of questions. Learn as much as you can about the builder’s construction practices, the foundation, roof, floor plan, design, and any extras you may need to choose, educating yourself about your options before you begin. Find out what kind of insurance you’ll need, and determine whether the company has recommendations for insurance providers. Ask about the warranty as well, and make sure the company stands behind its work.
- See for yourself. Visit the model homes, so you’ll know what to expect. If possible, take it a step further, visiting homes in the community that have been constructed by the company you’re considering. Reading pamphlets, listening to sales pitches, and surfing the net are all good ways to collect information, but seeing the house in person is the best way to know for sure if it’s for you. If you have selected a manufactured home, ask your housing professional if it is possible for you to take a factory tour to see for yourself how your home is built.
- Be ready to move almost as soon as you buy! Manufactured home construction takes a fraction of the time of traditional construction, so your home will go from being a new manufactured home for sale to being your dream home, on the lot of your choice, sooner than you dreamed possible.
If you’re looking for a new manufactured home for sale, consider Palm Harbor Homes. Leaders in the manufactured home industry for over thirty years, Palm Harbor specializes in building high-quality homes in accordance with customer expectations. Visit the website to learn more about finding your perfect new manufactured home for sale, or connect with the online community on Facebook and Twitter.
Tags: manufactured home, Your New Home